Brunch is the perfect way to start your day. And whether I am cooking for myself or for a crowd, French toast is one of my favorite go-to recipes. Prep is quick and easy enough that you can chat with your guests and be eating in no time. This morning I decided to change it up and added a hint of citrus to my favorite recipe.
4 slices french bread, sliced thick
1/3 cup milk
1 tbsp agave syrup
3 tbsp orange juice
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp orange peel
1. Whisk milk, eggs, agave syrup, orange juice and vanilla extract together.
2. Add cinnamon and orange peel. Mix until evenly distributed in batter.
3. Soak french bread in mixture for 5 minutes, or overnight.
4. Preheat a griddle to medium-high heat.
5. Place French toast on griddle for 2-3 minutes. Flip and continue for 2-3 minutes until both sides are golden.
6. Serve with a drizzle of agave syrup and dusting of powdered sugar.