4 oz. pancetta
1/2 bunch asparagus
2 tbsp olive oil
1/4 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup arborio rice
1 cup red wine
4 cups beef or chicken broth
1. In a large pan, sauté pancetta until crisp. Set aside.
2. Cut asparagus into smaller 1 inch pieces.
3. Sauté chopped onions and rice in 2 tbsp olive oil until lightly browned.
4. Add wine to the pan and let it reduce.
5. Add 1 cup broth and cook off. Continue adding 1 cup of broth at a time and allow it to cook off before adding more.
6. Risotto will be ready when the rice has a slight bite and still flows when scooped.
7. Stir in asparagus and pancetta before serving.