1/4 cup Irish whiskey (I used Jameson.)
3 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
3 tbsp whole grain mustard
2 lb. cross rib roast
1 can beef consomme
1/2 cup Irish whiskey
3 cups water
2-3 small potatoes
1 cup baby carrots
2 stalks celery
3 tbsp garlic
1. Cut beef into 1-2 inch chunks.
2. Combine 1/4 cup Irish whiskey, Worcestershire sauce, mustard and ground pepper. Marinate beef for 15 minutes.
3. Brown beef in a skillet. Set aside.
4. Chop onions, potatoes and celery.
4. In a slow cooker, combine beef consomme, 1/2 cup Irish whiskey, water, celery, and garlic. Mix well.
5. Add beef to slow cooker and cook for 2 hours on high.
6. Add potatoes and carrots and cook for 1 hour on high.
7. Using a slotted spoon serve stew, and add one ladle-full of liquid to bowl.