1/2 loaf french bread
1/4 cup olive oil
1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
1 Italian squash (zucchini or yellow squash)
2 large roma tomatoes
1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup milk
1 tbsp garlic
1. Oil a deep baking dish and set aside.
2. Cut or rip french bread into 1 inch pieces. Place into baking dish.
2. Slice squash into 1/4 inch thick slices.
3. Cut tomatoes into 1/2 inch pieces.
4. In a large mixing bowl, toss mushroom, squash, and tomatoes with olive oil.
5. In a small mixing bowl, beat eggs. Then add milk, garlic and Italian seasoning to taste and stir to combine.
6. Pour the egg mixture evenly over french bread, ensuring it soaks into all pieces of the bread.
7. Spread vegetables evenly over the bread and then top with mozzarella cheese.
8. Let the dish rest in the fridge for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 400 degrees.
9. Bake the strata for 20 minutes. Let stand 5-10 minutes before serving.