1/2 lb italian sausage
8-10 asparagus spears
1/2 cup olives
1 cup quinoa
2 cups chicken broth
1/2 cup onions
1 portabella mushroom
1 tsp garlic
3 tbsp olive oil
1. Combine quinoa and chicken broth in a rice cooker or pan and let steam for 20-25 minutes.
2. In a sauté pan, cook Italian sausage until it is no longer pink, breaking it apart as it cooks.
3. Meanwhile, dice onions, tomato, portabella, zucchini, eggplant and asparagus. Cut olives in half.
4. Add onion, zucchini, eggplant, portabella, garlic and olive oil to the sauté pan with the sausage. Sauté until vegetables are browned.
5. Add olives, tomatoes and cooked quinoa to the pan. Continue to cook for 4-5 minutes or until warmed throughout, stirring occasionally.