2 cups apple juice
1 cedar plank
1.5 lbs sockeye salmon
1 pacific rose apple (or other sweet variety)
1 bottle hard cider (Magner's is ideal)
10-12 sprigs lemon thyme
10-12 sprigs fresh chives
2 tsp pink peppercorns
2 tbsp butter
1. Soak cedar plank in apple juice for 1 hour.
2. Prepare a foil pouch large enough to fit the cedar plank.
3. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
4. Slice apple and rinse herbs.
5. Place cedar plank and salmon into foil pouch. Pour in 1 cup hard cider evenly over salmon.
6. Top with apple slices (setting aside 4-6), herbs, and a dash of kosher salt. Grind peppercorns between fingers over the salmon.
7. Close pouch and poach in oven for 25 minutes, or until salmon is light pink.
8. While salmon is cooking, prepare sauce. Over the stove, combine remaining hard cider with 4-6 apple slices. Allow to simmer for 5 minutes, then add butter and stir well.
9. Serve salmon topped with sauce.