Cookies are an essential ingredient in holiday celebrations and entertaining. This recipe is simple and quick, and rewards with deliciously decadent chocolate cookies.
1 cup flour
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1 stick butter
1/4 cup water
1 tsp vanilla
1. Combine dry ingredients (flour, cocoa powder, powdered sugar, chocolate chips) in a mixing bowl.
2. Cut in butter, until batter resembles coarse crumbs.
3. Add vanilla, water and egg, and mix well.
4. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
5. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Scoop ¾ inch balls of batter onto cookie sheet, evenly spacing.
6. Bake cookies for 13 minutes, or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Makes 1 1/2 dozen