Burgers are a summer staple, so my mom and I took my favorite fish and developed a simple, delicious alternative to the classic beef burger. The salmon burgers pair well with a variety of toppings and buns. We served ours on sourdough sandwich rolls with a caesar salad topping. Enjoy!
1 1/2 lbs salmon
2 spring onions
1 cup baby spinach
2 tbsp chives
1/4 - 1/3 cup bread crumbs
2 meyer lemons
1 egg white
1 tbsp crushed garlic
1 tsp olive oil
1. Dice and sauté spring onions.
2. Wash and chop baby spinach into small pieces. Dice chives.
3. De-bone salmon and dice into small pieces.
4. Juice meyer lemons. Combine with olive oil, egg white and garlic.
5. Add salmon, baby spinach and chives to liquids. Mix well using your hands.
6. Add 1/4 cup bread crumbs and salt and pepper to taste. If consistency is runny, add additional bread crumbs until mixture can be loosely held together.
7. Form into 4 burgers.
8. Heat a griddle to medium heat. Cook salmon burgers for about 5-7 minutes per side.
** Thanks to my mom for her help in developing this recipe!