Summer Fest 2010 - Stone Fruit
This summer I am excited to participate in Summer Fest 2010, a month long food & garden blogging community tribute to the harvest season. Each Wednesday participating bloggers will post recipes highlighting that week's fresh produce pick. The schedule is as follows: 7/28 cukesnzukes, 8/4 corn, 8/11 herbs, greens and beans, 8/18 stone fruit, 8/25 tomatoes.
For this week's theme, I share a warm potato salad side dish that incorporates farm fresh nectarines and red onions.
12 baby red potatoes
1 large torpedo red onion
2 yellow nectarines
3 sprigs thyme
1. Clean and halve potatoes.
2. Boil potatoes for 10 minutes over medium-high heat.
3. Cut nectarine into large chunks.
4. Julienne cut onion.
5. Coat a disposable square pan in olive oil. Place potatoes, onion and nectarines into pan.
6. Drizzle with olive oil and top with thyme sprigs.
7. Barbecue for 10-12 minutes, or until potatoes are just caramelizing.
8. Transfer to serving dish, being careful to not discard juices. Let cool for 3 minutes before serving.