1 french bread baguette
1 1/3 cups chocolate chips
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup milk
1 1/2 cups half and half
1 tsp vanilla
1. In a sauce pan combine milk, half and half and sugar on medium heat. Make sure to keep milk from boiling. Mix until sugar is dissolved. Set aside to cool.
2. Cut baguette into bite size pieces.
3. In 6 individual ramekins, place a layer of baguette. Then layer chocolate chips, another layer of baguette and top with more chocolate chips.
4. When completely cooled, combine milk mixture with eggs and beat well.
5. Pour milk/egg mixture into ramekins, dividing equally amongst all six. Let sit for 15 minutes.
6. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
7. Place ramekins in a large baking dish, and fill dish 1/3 full with hot water.
8. Cook bread pudding for 35 minutes, or until knife comes out clean.